Meet our doctor!
Yalon A. Dolev, MD
Yalon A. Dolev, MD, is a Head and Neck Surgeon who specializes in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Dolev completed his undergraduate degree in Physiology with a minor in the Social Studies of Medicine. He then received his MD degree from McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Fascinated by the intricate anatomy of the head and neck, he continued on to complete his residency at McGill University’s Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery program. He then went on to complete a Fellowship with the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Ohio State University’s Wexner Medical Center.
During his training, Dr. Dolev gained a better appreciation for the artistry and creativity involved in both the cosmetic and reconstructive aspects of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. His training in both Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery as well as Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery provide Dr. Dolev with an intimate understanding of the anatomy of the head and neck and all of the complex conditions that affect it.
This provides him with the unique ability to safely and comprehensively treat functional, aesthetic and reconstructive conditions. His expertise includes:
- Advanced techniques in aesthetic medicine and surgery (exclusive focus on facial aesthetics medicine)
- primary and revision rhinoplasty
- facelift, midface lift and neck lift (rhytidectomy)
- eyelid lift (blepharoplasty including fat preservation techniques)
- brow lift (minimally invasive using endoscopic techniques)
- ear reshaping/reconstruction (otoplasty)
- chin reduction/augmentation
- fat transfer for facial rejuvenation
- non-surgical management of the aging face including neuromodulators such as Botox/dysport as well as soft tissue fillers
- scar revision (traumatic and surgical)
- The reconstruction of complex facial defects (with an emphasis on both aesthetics and function) resulting from both trauma and cancer
- The medical and surgical management of facial paralysis
- Functional nasal airway surgery (septoplasty, turbinate reduction and nasal valve reconstruction)
- The use of neuromodulators including Botox in the treatment of facial/neck spasm, facial paralysis, blepharospasm, migraines and hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)